tBoard - a Python Powered Bulletin-Board Clone
Go to Project page at SourceForge
Last update: 2005-10-11 14:00 GMT (finally?)
Basic functionality such as registering, forum moderating, posting are finished;
Preliminary version with English / Traditional Chinese language file can be downloaded from Project Filelist.
If you have any ideas or suggestions, please mail me: tiberiusteng at msn dot com
I'll set up a tBoard to handle these kind of feedbacks when a usable version is finished, also as a demo of course! (grin)
Current Development Screenshots
Unfortunately, it's still in Traditional Chinese ...
Registered User List
Registered User Detail
Working parts (need further tweaking):
User Registering (with Email Check), Registered User Info (List and Detail), User Control Panel, Login / Logout, Member Groups (List, Detail and Management) and Global Premission Check, Category and Forum Management, Posting, Generic System Administration, Private Messaging.
I'm currently working on a CGI version so that I can run a version on SourceForge project website. After this I'm going to revise its entire structure, further split database part into a 3-tier structure, and tweak template/translation system.
I'm looking for people who wants to participate with me to maintain tBoard, if you're interested please contact me with Email.
- Cheetah - Python-powered template engine and code generator
- MySQL - an powerful open source database
- MySQLdb - MySQL module for Python
- Python - a Dynamic, Object-Oriented scripting language
Design Goals (In short: a phpBB clone with various power-ups)
- Unicode (UTF-8) as native file codepage
(including all scripts, templates and translated messages)
- Generates complete validated XHTML Transitional document.
Standard-conforming XHTML pages that work with any browser. (Visual optimized for Mozilla 1.2 and later ;)
- Flexible 'Templates' and 'Translated Messages' support via Cheetah Engine
(a.k.a. language file)
- Group based permission check system
(assign user to a group, then assign groups to special roles or permissions like board manager, system manager, etc)
- Inplace administration tools
(that means, not using separate admin pages but use admin toolbars)
- Phone/PDA Access (a.k.a. support for light browsers)
View, post, read & reply to private messages with your cellphone or web-enabled PDA.
- Simple Email Access Designed to support Email-enabled handsets (like PHS, GPRS, i-Mode) to read subscribed forum / topic, write new posts and private messages on the go.
Tiberius Teng (a.k.a. SBT), a university student grown and living in Taiwan.
With help of